Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Six Months!



Hayes,

My sweet boy. You are six months old! How did this happen since we just brought you home from the hospital like two days ago? :) I always tell daddy that pretty soon you'll be going off to college. Then I drink a glass of wine and cry. Your daddy shakes his head and mumbles something about making drama out of nothing. He's so funny.

I can't believe that you have been in our lives for half of a year. It has flown by...for me at least. I asked daddy if he could believe it has already been six months and he said "Yes..it feels like he's been here for at least six months." I'll let you ask him about that as soon as you can speak coherently.

It seems that in the last four weeks, you have hit major milestones. You're now eating solid foods twice a day. Your favorites so far are sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, peaches, bananas, pears and apple sauce. You really love to eat and it makes you so happy. (This is only one of the very few reasons I believe you are really mine. Well that and the fact that I carried you for nine months.) I told your daddy that I thought you were ready for real food like lasagna and pot roast and he reminded me that you don't have teeth yet. 

Reason number two that I know you have half of my DNA is that you LOVE to sleep. It melts my heart to watch you cuddle up with your daddy to catch a cat nap in the afternoon.



Truth is, you'll sleep anywhere.





I always joke that it looks like you collapsed mid-sprint when you sleep! I know that we're in big trouble once you become mobile.





Every morning your daddy turns on the bedroom lights and you thrash around violently, cover your eyes with your hands, stick your bottom lip out and cry. (I hate mornings too buddy.)

Right now your best friend in the whole world is George. He seems to find his way into every picture.



I'm going to be honest and say that this has been some of the most physically grueling times, with limited amounts of sleep and lots of worry, but they have been the best!. I know that this is just a season in our lives and pretty soon you really will be going off to college. I want to make sure we take it all in.

Excuse me while I go cry.....




No comments:

Post a Comment