Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A hunter, a preacher, and a mob boss walk into a bar...

James and I finally upgraded the ol' blackberry's for iPhone 5's! James was so excited he couldn't see straight. If fact, he bought protective cases for the phones two weeks prior to delivery. (Since I dropped mine by simply opening the box, I feel like this was a smart move on his part.)

We finally got the phones late Monday afternoon, ordered takeout (so we wouldn't have to waste time cooking and cleaning), and got down to business.  

Setting up the phone may or may not have been the equivalent of a nuclear meltdown complete with screaming, crying and maybe even a few bad words. I was pretty unhappy too. : )

After a few hours, and a phone call to tech support, we were up and running. James told the voice control to call Anne-Michelle and low and behold...the phone started playing, "Oh Happy Day" by Aaron Neville. While I do love me some Aaron Neville, the song started to get old after the third go round. We COULD NOT figure out how to turn it off. I'd tell the phone to turn off music and a Taylor Swift song would come on. The more frustrated I got, the louder I'd yell into the phone, which did absolutely nothing.

I took matters into my own hands and googled the issue. As it turned out our Siri's weren't turned on properly. After I figured it out, I said, "Siri, call daddy." 

She responded, "I don't know who your father is, in fact...I don't know who you are." Nice Siri. I have enough issues without having to worry that you and I might not be the best of friends.

Speaking of friends, (nice transition huh?) Hayes had his first play date this weekend and all in all it went really well. His friend Reese came over to play and H did everything he could to impress her. He drooled on every toy she touched, rolled on top of her, tried to strangle her, kissed her forehead, attempted to eat her arm, and last but not least, he blew an amazingly large snot bubble out of his right nostril. Who said chivalry is dead?

Reese cried. I'm really not sure why. He was the picture perfect host. 

(Disclaimer...yes I do put Hayes in other things, but when you're daddy's a duck hunter, your weekend wardrobe is full of all things duck and camo!)




This video cracks me up. Look how mesmerized he is with sweet Reese.


Finally...as final proof that we put Hayes in clothes other than camo (yes, I have a complex), here is my sweet Baptist Preacher Mafioso don. 





Take the gun, leave the cannoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment