Saturday, March 24, 2012

23 Weeks


I look like I ate a small leopard! (I took this picture on Monday, right at 23 weeks. I think I've grown even bigger since then!)

I've finally decided to come out of hiding and accept the fact that our sweet son can't just sleep in one of the guest room beds. (Read, I've been in the closet with my head between my knees pretending I don't have to decorate a room.)

Yes, we've started on the nursery. (By started I mean that we moved the guest room furniture out and moved the glider and unassembled crib into the room.)

The bedding just arrived and the curtains and replacement glider cushions I ordered should be here any day. Fingers crossed that all of this will come together by July. Procrastination is a hidden talent of mine.

Funny stories of the week:
We bought our crib from friends who's twins have moved on to "big girl beds". (James and Jeremy worked out a deal over dinner...$75 bucks and the dinner tab). Anyway, we picked up one of the cribs months ago and stored it in our basement because I wasn't ready for it in the house until after I passed the 20 week mark.

So Thursday night James and Jeremy decided to put together the crib. Since I wasn't home, I made James promise to send me a picture of the finished product. Here's what I got:



The title of the picture was, "Coming Together!" Yes, yes it is coming together, assuming our son doesn't need the back of his crib. After I called home and gave the guys the nursery version of the Spanish Inquisition, I was informed that some cribs have front and back sides that are not interchangeable. Apparently we got two fronts to the crib and another friend who bought the other crib has the two backs. (Obviously they haven't put together their crib yet either.) James assured me that we'll get the back of our crib next week.

(I've decided not to cry over this, which means we may be turning a corner.)

Speaking of crying, I went and bought a new pair of maternity pants during lunch on Thursday. The pair I had on looked and felt fine when I was standing up, but as soon as I sat down, the pants dug into my waist. (I dislike low rise maternity pants.) As luck would have it, I found a sweet, sweet pair of full panel maternity pants (that are just as sexy as you imagine) that felt so good I immediately cut off the tags and wore them out the store. Apparently I was too hasty in my exit from store and failed to notice the long sticker running down my behind that advertised the size of my new pants. (Let's just say that the size was not SMALL!) 

No worries though, as soon as I got back to my office, a coworker was kind enough to inform me of my mistake (in front of a group of people)! Pregnancy is not for the faint of heart!

3 comments:

  1. Maternity clothes look better now than in my day they were just awful! We always had tops that looked like tents. We all looked like Humpty Dumpty! Your outfits look very cute and so do you! I love reading your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your "backless" crib! Maybe you and James got new thing going there! HA
    You may actually have your nursery completed before us!

    I LOVE my full panel black maternity paints. I have seriously found some maternity clothes that are SO comfortable I think I could continue to wear them long after Reese is here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh by the way you look GREAT at 23 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete