Friday, March 2, 2012

20 Weeks!

I can't believe we're half way there. Here we are at 20 weeks:


For the past five months, I've been daydreaming of pretty dresses, big bows, delicate lace, and sweet baby dolls. A week and a half ago I got this news:




These pictures make everything real. We are having a baby...a beautiful baby boy. I've changed my focus from the material joys to the eternal joys. Every morning we pray over the strong and mighty man we've been tasked to raise! I'm very excited.

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
—Proverbs 22:6

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
—Psalm 127:3-5  

So what's been going on with us? Well...

My hormones are still undergoing unspeakable horrors which are causing me to resemble Tom Selleck (except with a dry skin mustache).


I firmly believe that I've gone completely insane. Every day I walk the hormonal tightrope of wanting to eat an entire bag of Fritos, cry an ugly cry, or throw the remote control through the TV. I'm a real gem.

I'm down to working out three days a week. I'm like a fat kid at camp. I get frequent nose bleeds, winded just walking too quickly, and I growl at people if my meals are late. On second thought, maybe I'm like an 80 year old man.

Ironically enough, my desire for "workout" clothes has increased since it's the only thing that is comfortable to wear. If I go out in public, I just throw my hair into a ponytail and put on my Nike's to give the appearance that the gym is in my immediate future.  (As opposed to just sitting on the couch, drinking a milkshake and watching Criminal Minds.)

As final proof that my hormones are a little out of wack, I ate Doritos, mac and cheese, and a dinner roll for lunch today. Yep...it takes talent to eat food that is essentially all yellow. We live a glamorous life.

Here's to the next 20 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Anne-Michelle, At least you are still working out. Think of the women that just use pregnancy as an excuse to sit on the couch and eat junk. We CAN eat the junk since we do exercise!! HA
    I celebrated with ice cream and a homemade fudge pie that I didn't gain any MORE weight over the past 4 weeks!! I enjoyed it thoroughly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. You look great. I am 10 weeks ahead of you but with number three. Enjoy the 20 weeks. They are the best. You look cute but don't feel miserable yet. Best of all that baby starts moving up a storm. Have fun!
    April McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Barnetts!! Sounds like you're right where you're supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete