Sunday, May 22, 2011

A list that mostly includes my injuries!

Random List O' Fun
Bidet:
I think I've built up this story to a point that's it's not near as funny as it is in my head. If that's the case, I apologize in advance. Anyway, both our hotel rooms have had bidets in the bathrooms. Our first night at the Hotel Arts James asked about the purpose of a Bidet. I told him that I wasn't really sure, but I thought they were only for men. In my defense, my only real encounter with a bidet has been when I visit the Britt's house and theirs is really only used as a decorative piece.

Later on that evening we were on a tour bus and James was reading his blackberry and belly laughing. I looked over his shoulder and discovered that he was reading up on "how to use a bidet." The funniest part is that the water here gets incredibly hot, incredibly fast and if we attempted to use our bidet, we would have ended up with third degree burns on our unmentionables. Also, the water pressure is so hard that it almost hurts your skin when you shower. I can't imagine the bidet's water pressure!! All this is to say that if our 80 year old naked friend used our bidet, he would end up with career ending injuries.

The bathroom scale:
James keeps telling me to write this story down...so you are welcome. I got up to use the restroom the first night we were in Barcelona. I still didn't have my bearings on the hotel room, but I decided to chance finding my way to the bathroom without turning on any lights. BIG 
MISTAKE!! 

In my rush to the bathroom, I had an unfortunate encounter with the bathroom scale. I stepped on the corner of the scale, fell against the wall phone and landed flat on my tail bone in a move reminiscent of the way break dancers end their solo routines. After the crash, I looked up to see James staring at me with a look of awe and pity on his face. I wanted to say, "welcome to marriage." But I was too busy whining about all the wrongs in the world and how all scales are now dead to me.

My long forgotten point is that if you had told me that I had would fall and injure myself at some point in the week, I would have placed my bet on the Eiffel Tower in Paris. But, oh no, that would have been way too glamorous. Instead, I tripped over the scale.

I need an injury with flare. Instead, tripping over the bathroom scale makes people who may or may not be your husband, laugh at you through the door.

Bank Visit
Yesterday we went to BBVA's corporate headquarters in Madrid. Yep...that about sums it up. Nothing exciting about having to get up at 6 AM and put on a suit, while the other spouses slept.(Cheryle...quit rolling your eyes at me!) 

After all the BBVA excitement we decided to do a little shopping. James bought 4 new ties for 70 American dollars. Apparently that's a bargain. Anything for $70 in that small of a bag had better be jewelry. Amen?

Due to James red meat hangover and heart attack, we decided to lay low and just eat a light dinner of ham and steak sandwiches. Yes, I know...more red meat!

Right now we're heading home from Segovia, our favorite excursion thus far. We are about to be to the hotel where we have an hour to get ready for the awards ceremony.

Love,
The Barnett's

No comments:

Post a Comment