Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bueñas Dias from the Honeymooners!

Good morning from Barcelona. I feel like we've been here a sweet forever before I put pen to paper. Originally it was due to my master ability to procrastinate and waste time but then I got caught up in all that is Barcelona and just lost track of time. 


We arrived yesterday morning around 8:30 Barcelona time. The eight and a half hour plane ride was a bear. I  was sitting right next to the bathroom and all six foot four of James. The only real excitement on the plane (other than watching "The King's Speech"...fantastic!!) was a Dutch woman who fainted onto James (literally) while waiting for the restroom. She was a rather large women! It turned out that she was diabetic and needed some sugar.


We arrived to our hotel, which was built in 1992 for the summer Olympics. It is amazing!! So amazing that we took a tour of our room from 12-4 and our tour guide was Rip Van Winkle. We were beat!!


After we woke up, we went to dinner which was amazing. The entertainment was four 6'2 women in leather dresses walking around and posing, people who dressed up like statues (similar to New Orleans) and people walking around with large plastic heads. 


James' goal was to take pictures with all four of the 6'2 girls. Bless his heart, he's an ambitious guy. 
We are headed to the market and then will do a cooking class to learn how to cook Paellas. Yum!

On a side note, the dollar is so weak that everything here is so expensive. The conversion rate is about $0.62. Just in case yall had visions of us being like the Ewing's with JR and our own oil company, I want to clarify that this is a bank sponsored event.

More later! Yall have a great day!
The Barnetts

No comments:

Post a Comment