Like I have said over and over again, Hayes totally inherited his daddy's social gene. James's happy place is when he walks into a party and there's a crowd of people he can talk to. I'm happy when we walk into a party and there's a lovely food buffet with nobody blocking the cheese display. James is a social butterfly and can have a good time anywhere.
Hayes is the same way. When I pick him up from school he isn't in quite the same condition as when I dropped him off. Inevitably his clothes are stained, his hair has paint in it and is crazy wild, and yesterday he only had on one shoe and sock. I love it!! It means he's having a great time and just like his daddy, he goes to school to PARTY!!!
Bless his shy little heart!
Bless his shy little heart!

Just when I worry that he is nothing like me, I'll get an email from his teacher that says, "So here's everyone eating snacks, and there's your kid!"
I should note that it was crazy hair day at school. Blue hair and mow-hawks are not the norm...for a Monday.
Or this..."Hayes totally ditched hunting for Easter eggs when he realized he could stuff his face with goldfish instead."
Now that my friends, is his mama!!
Here are a couple of things that came out of James and my mouth this week that will leave you marveling at our maturity and parenting skills. I just want to write them down so we don't forget and can remember why we have to pay for Hayes's first therapy bill.
So James typically bathes Hayes while I fold clothes in the next room. (Yes...it's just as glamorous as you're imagining.) Right now Hayes is a parrot and will repeat anything and everything. I guess James thought this is the perfect time for him to start memorizing Phil 4:13. It started fine enough...
J - I
H - I
J - Can
H - Can
J - Do
H - Doo Doo
And like mature adults we both giggled and James said, well it's the New American Toddler Version. Ha!
James and my dad tell Hayes all the time that he's going to be a heart breaker. I guess that was on my mind when he was fake crying / whining one night. I said, "Hayes...save your tears for something that matters, like when the head cheerleader doesn't call you back and you lay in your bed listening to I'll Be There For You on repeat." Both Hayes and James started laughing. (Honestly I think Hayes laughed because he was mimicking James...but still.) I mean that was totally a hypothetical comment. Besides, Hayes won't be dating until he's 21 and by then, actually talking on the phone will be obsolete...much like my Bon Jovi tape.
Here are a couple of things that came out of James and my mouth this week that will leave you marveling at our maturity and parenting skills. I just want to write them down so we don't forget and can remember why we have to pay for Hayes's first therapy bill.
So James typically bathes Hayes while I fold clothes in the next room. (Yes...it's just as glamorous as you're imagining.) Right now Hayes is a parrot and will repeat anything and everything. I guess James thought this is the perfect time for him to start memorizing Phil 4:13. It started fine enough...
J - I
H - I
J - Can
H - Can
J - Do
H - Doo Doo
And like mature adults we both giggled and James said, well it's the New American Toddler Version. Ha!
James and my dad tell Hayes all the time that he's going to be a heart breaker. I guess that was on my mind when he was fake crying / whining one night. I said, "Hayes...save your tears for something that matters, like when the head cheerleader doesn't call you back and you lay in your bed listening to I'll Be There For You on repeat." Both Hayes and James started laughing. (Honestly I think Hayes laughed because he was mimicking James...but still.) I mean that was totally a hypothetical comment. Besides, Hayes won't be dating until he's 21 and by then, actually talking on the phone will be obsolete...much like my Bon Jovi tape.
And finally, in keeping with the traditions of Easter, James and I pushed the limit of our sanity and decided to dye Easter eggs with Hayes. I'm not sure what we expected, but Hayes's dying technique consisted of PLOPPING the eggs right into a cup full of water, dye and vinegar. It was as peaceful as you can imagine, lasted about 15 minutes and we have 12 lovely eggs with little finger prints all over them. I think they are beautiful. Happy Easter Y'all!!
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5


No comments:
Post a Comment