We're back and just in time for Christmas! James and I just finished decorating the house and made it through our first Christmas tree experience without breaking our marriage vows. Sure we made it through the for better or worse...but we're more proud of the till death do us part!
We initially planned on going to a local Christmas tree farm with my sister and brother-in-law, but that dream (tractor rides, hot coco and live deer) was smashed when James said, "Babe, we live in Central Alabama and the only Christmas trees at that farm will be pines."
Since I wanted a Frasier fir, we changed our plans and made our way to the overpriced tree lot located in the Winn Dixie parking lot. Nothing says Christmas like a parking lot full of trees, a temporary fence, and an RV trailer.
Regardless of the setting, I found the tree I liked right away. It was at least 9 feet tall, very full with a beautiful shape. Unfortunately, the Grinch informed me that we had to stick to a tree with a 4 foot circumference. I mean...who says circumference after they graduate from high school and who goes out to a Christmas tree farm lot and measures around the tree?? The Barnetts, that's who!
Since my 9 foot tree was about 9 feet around, we had to pick a much smaller, Charlie Brownish tree. Where's the fun of Christmas when you bring home a tree that's barely taller than your husband?
We paid our $80 bucks (ludicrous) and made our way home to spend the next three hours trying to get the tree in the stand and then to stand up straight.
Once we got the tree up, James realized how pitifully small it really was and said, "Well we're just going to have to add more lights and maybe nobody will notice."
Right.
I lost count of how many strands of lights we wrapped around the four foot circumference, but Alabama Power would be horrified to know how many volts we're running through one outlet!
Here's our holiday tour:
Here's our holiday tour:
Yes...there is a large amount of space between the actual tree and the star topper. Just look at the lights and maybe you won't notice anymore.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment