Friday, July 8, 2011

Mobile - Part 2

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to finish this story. Life got in the way and then our modem died. After many hours on the phone with an AT&T operator who helped me "troubleshoot" the computer by telling me to unplug the modem for two minutes, restart the computer, and hop on one foot while spinning around, it was determined that our modem is in fact dead. Lucky for us, AT&T can conveniently come to the house today between 12:00 and 5:00 and lucky for James, he's ironically enough, back in Mobile fishing.

Ok, back to the story.

Saturday we went to the pool again, but this time the big boys came with us.

I keep wanting to sing, "blinded by the light (or white)" Bless his heart...Barney gets whiter the more time he spends in the sun.
Erin and William

David and James playing Velcro ball. James kept forgetting that David is a little over three feet tall and he is over six feet tall. David was essentially playing on his tip toes the whole time.

After we got home from the pool we all took naps and then got ready to go out to eat at Felix's Fishcamp.

At 6:00.

On a Saturday.

I wonder if that coupled with our two hour nap would qualify us for the senior citizen discount?

Because we got to the restaurant so early, we got to sit in "The Dame". What's that you ask? Well, it's a table/booth/private dining area all wrapped into something resembling a boat. In other words...AWESOME!

(I think I was the most excited about sitting at The Dame because she will likely be the only boat I will get to step foot on this summer. PLUS, I didn't have to put on five coats of sunscreen or a hat with a brim the size of a large pizza to avoid premature wrinkles and sun spots.)

(I think that just confirmed my senior citizen status.)

Here she is in all her glory! I think the Christmas lights add that little touch of class.

James said this picture makes him look like he's about a month behind Erin in terms of belly growth. Please remember that she is seven months pregnant. J just has a love affair with ice cream.

This is David going over the menu with a fine tooth comb. I'm very impressed with these boys and their culinary tastes. They are well beyond their years. He ordered grilled grouper with veggies. James ordered the triple fried platter with a side of french fries. I think after this meal, he surpassed Erin's baby bump.
The Fillers before the boys got overtired and laid down in the seats of the boat.
Oh sweet William. You look like such an angel. Right after this picture was taken, he threw an over tired temper tantrum that had all the drama of Gladiator and Gone with the Wind, combined.







The rest of these pictures are just make me smile.
William likes to suck his thumb and twirl a piece of his hair at the same time. This is a tell tale sign that he's tired. He'll even twirl your hair if you're within arms length.



Yes, she's seven months pregnant. Nope, I'm not. I must workout more when I get home (translate...I will put in a Jillian Michael video and make fun of her back up dancers...or workout people.)

We had such an amazing weekend and can't wait to have them come to Birmingham. However, it will have to be after I come up with something more exciting than, "come sit on our couch and eat Cajun food while we watch Swamp People."

No comments:

Post a Comment