Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 6th!

Dear Hayes,

I can't believe you just turned one! I know it in my head, but I'm still having a hard time comprehending it in my heart. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday it was July 6, 2012 at 3:30 am and my water broke. Then a few short hours later (okay...a long time later) at 5:16 pm and you were being placed in my arms. Oh how we fell in love. You were the most beautiful little thing I had ever seen. With wide eyes, long lashes and the funniest little look on your face. (Honestly you looked like Mr. Peanut, but you were our Mr. Peanut and we thought you were so cute!)

I can't believe something so small could change our lives so much. We still aren't 100% sure if you really weighed 5 pounds 10 ounces or 6 pounds even. The nurses weighed you twice. (I always say the former since you weighed 5 pounds 8 ounces when we left the hospital.) Regardless, you were a tiny little thing that took sweet FOREVER to get here.

You are just now starting to walk and it's so funny. You look like a little Frankenstein! You have this stiff little side to side waddle and your arms are either straight out in front of you or stuck directly by your side. You are so determined and love new challenges. I keep wanting to step in and help you overcome any obstacles, but your daddy reminds me to give you some space and let you figure it out on your own. And you always do!

As independent as you are, we still end each day with you snuggling on my lap as we pray over you and rock you for a few minutes. I love to breath in that sweet smell of your hair. Hayes, you are our joy and you came into this world at the right time and daddy and I couldn't love you more.

Love,
Mama

Enjoy the video! 


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! love that little peanut!! so happy for Barnett, party of 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! I need to do a video of Reese like that! It's amazing to see how big Hayes has gotten! It seems like our little ones were just born!

    ReplyDelete