Thursday, March 14, 2013

A long story just to get to some pictures!

When James and I got married, we promised to love each other for better or worse, richer or poorer and in sickness and in health. On that beautiful spring day in April all I could see was health, wealth, blue sky and butterflies. (I would like to go back to that sweet girl, give her a hug and say, "bless your heart"!)

I didn't realize that in two short years, things that most couples go through in a life time would happen to us. I think I handled everything like a champ. (I hid behind my husband and cried almost everyday.)

I don't want to jinx us, but I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I find that I'm back to laughing a lot more than crying and I know that having Hayes around (and my hormones returning to normal) has helped.

(Side note...I started this post last Friday. This week we've had pink eye, croup, ear infections, sinus infections and a bum toe plague our house.)

(Hayes and I did not have the bum toe.)

(In sickness and in health.)

Where was I? Oh yes..when I married James, I didn't even consider what kind of dad he would be (I got lucky) or if he would remember any of the nursery rhymes he learned as a child (Not so lucky).

The other day we were on our way to get Hayes' Easter pictures taken and James started singing, "My bunny flies over the ocean, my bunny flies over the sea, my bunny flies over the ocean..."

Then he looked at me and said, "Why would a bunny fly over the ocean?" Oh sweet James. :)

Speaking of bunnies...







My mom bought Hayes that outfit last April and I thought "How silly...we'll never know what size he'll be next Easter." But mama knew. :)

Finally...if you are looking for a new song to sing to your sweet baby while changing their diaper, here is an oldie but goodie that James sings to Hayes.

You're welcome.

**For some reason the video is not showing up. It's from the old SNL days when the cheerleaders sang:

Taco! Burrito!
What's comin' out of your Speedo?
You've got troubles-Woo!
You're blowin' bubbles-Woo!

Float, float, float, float
You're puttin' around like a motor boat
Troubles-Woo!
You're blowing bubbles!

You stink!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are smiling and laughing more! No one deserves it more than you my sweet friend. Miss you so, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Anne-Michelle you make me laugh and cry a little too. I hope you are well and the hubb's toe has healed. That Hayes could not be cuter. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Miss yall so so much too. I hope to be back in the box next week. This ear infection has kept me down for the count! Lunch soon??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the bunny pictures! I hate everyone has been sick but glad you are doing better. I have got to see that little man soon!

    ReplyDelete