Hayes started school last week at Auburn
University – Harris Early Learning Center and we are thrilled that he’s already
attending his daddy's Alma Mater (by we, I mean James). Here is a picture from his
first day:
Hayes was cool as a cucumber. His daddy and me? Not so
much. Since we knew this would be a hard transition, James decided to drop him off on his first day and I decided to breathe into a brown paper bag and
rock myself back and forth. I also contemplated spiking my morning coffee with
Xanax, but figured that might be frowned upon on my first day back at work.
From the looks of the picture, it appeared that the only one not having separation anxiety
was Hayes.
When you drop your child off at school, the parent is
suppose to fill out the top part of a daily report to let the teachers know how
the child slept, when they woke up, when they ate last and how much they ate.
The teachers then fill out the bottom half letting the parents know what all
they did that day. (Eat and Sleep pretty much sums up a 12 week old's day.)
So James had drop off duty last Friday and when I picked Hayes up that afternoon, here is what his report said:
So James had drop off duty last Friday and when I picked Hayes up that afternoon, here is what his report said:
BOTH SIDES?? Good Lord!


No comments:
Post a Comment