Hayes has the biggest feet, smallest little booty and a sweet pot belly. Here are a few pictures from the hospital.
Yes...I froze everybody out in the hospital.
Heading home!
My aunts (mom's sisters) came to help out during the first week. What a huge blessing!!
Everybody was trying to catch a few minutes of sleep anyway they could.
Happy One Month! (I feel like H is saying, "Seriously Mama...what's with all these pictures and why is there a lamb next to me?")
Hayes,
The past four weeks have been amazing. Your daddy and I are learning so much and loving every minute with you. Unfortunalty you did not come with an instruction manual, but we're learning as we go.
We are just getting the hang of diaper changes. We were so slow in the beginning and you were constantly tee teeing on us. The longer it took us to put on the new diaper, the more danger we were in. One time you sprayed so far that it hit you in the forehead. I apologize in advance and will pay for your first therapy session.
We are just getting the hang of diaper changes. We were so slow in the beginning and you were constantly tee teeing on us. The longer it took us to put on the new diaper, the more danger we were in. One time you sprayed so far that it hit you in the forehead. I apologize in advance and will pay for your first therapy session.
You'll be glad to know that we are now owners of a pee-pee teepee and we seem to have turned a corner.
**Edited to add that I spoke too soon. Please see exhibit A from this morning's diaper change.
Speaking of diaper changes...How can something so small toot like a 350 pound man? Even more importantly, why does your daddy keep asking if it was me? Yes...yes it was. In the past few weeks I turned 35, had your child and started tooting in public without a care in the world. Pretty soon I'll be drinking beer and playing cards at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
I can't even begin to speak of the poopie diapers I've changed or the ones that I changed a few seconds too early. I've never seen anything like it nor can I explain the sheer physics of it all.
Moving on...
**Edited to add that I spoke too soon. Please see exhibit A from this morning's diaper change.
Speaking of diaper changes...How can something so small toot like a 350 pound man? Even more importantly, why does your daddy keep asking if it was me? Yes...yes it was. In the past few weeks I turned 35, had your child and started tooting in public without a care in the world. Pretty soon I'll be drinking beer and playing cards at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
I can't even begin to speak of the poopie diapers I've changed or the ones that I changed a few seconds too early. I've never seen anything like it nor can I explain the sheer physics of it all.
Moving on...
We've discovered that your furry brothers love you and want to be next to you all the time.
You and your daddy like to read together. Last night I was folding clothes and listening to your daddy read "We're Going on a Bear Hunt." The book's about a family that's going on a bear hunt and they're not scared until the end of the book when they encounter the actual bear. Here's what I heard over the monitor, "We're going on a bear hunt. We're going to catch a big one. What a beautiful day! We're not scared. Oh-Oh! A cave! A narrow, gloomy cave. We can't go over it. We can't go under it. Oh, No! We've got to go through it! What's that?? IT'S A BEAR!!! We're not not going on a bear hunt again...because they were ill prepared and didn't have a Winchester 300 Magnum or bear spray."
Come again??
Later that evening my suspicion that James used literary interpretation was confirmed when he said, "Who writes these books? And why would you hunt bears without a gun?"
Of course.
Come again??
Later that evening my suspicion that James used literary interpretation was confirmed when he said, "Who writes these books? And why would you hunt bears without a gun?"
Of course.
Yesterday, your Tauntie and I took you to your four week checkup. To quote her, "Here is 8 pounds, 1 ounce of solid sexiness."
Finally, I tried to put you on your stomach since all the baby books say that "tummy time" helps strengthen neck muscles. The following pictures are proof that even though you look nothing like me, you do have 50% of my DNA. I also cry and pretend to sleep when somebody forces me to exercise against my will.
I can't wait to see what the next four weeks have in store.
Love,
Mama




You crack me up honey! I love reading your posts! I am so excited and happy for y'all! He is a one serious cutie pie! Hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDelete