Friday, September 9, 2011

Football food. It's what's for dinner!

This past weekend was like Christmas and Thanksgiving wrapped together with a side of Easter. Except there were no chocolate bunnies, turkeys or Santa, but other than that it was exactly the same.

My parents came into town, it was a three day weekend, and it actually felt like fall. (Thank you Tropical Storm Lee.) Does it get any better? Why yes, yes it does. Last weekend was also the start of college football?

I live for this day!

The weekend started off with a bang when we welcomed a new addition to our family. Please say hello to our new kitchen accessory. She came to live with us on Friday afternoon and no, I have no idea where we are going to store her.

Obviously Barney sees a lot of crawfish and shrimp boils in our future. 

After we picked up our new pot, we drove to the butcher shop and purchased six steaks that were so good, I'm still dreaming about them. (Which is a shame since my metabolism recently decided that we're on a break.)

Right before the family showed up, I made a bold decision to replace our summer door wreath with one more appropriate for fall. I know it's a bit early, but don't judge. I may have mentioned once or twice that July and August were dead to me. I've decided to be optimistic about September and embrace all that is fall. So what that it will get back into the 90's next week, I'm choosing to think positive!


Friday's dinner was a complete success and everybody went to bed happy and full. Saturday morning we got up early and put on our game faces for the low country boil and football watching marathon that was about to ensue.

Even Riley and JoJo were fire up for game day!


Please note that I've already put out mums. Further proof that I'm done with Summer. DONE!



As soon as Chrissy and Dan got to the house, we turned on James' Alma Mater (Auburn) for the first game of the day. I quickly realized that this game was too close for comfort, so I grabbed mom and Chrissy and we went shopping. Mom wanted to buy scarves and hats for the coming weeks. Her shopping motto is, "I'm not sure what I need yet, but I'll know it as soon as I see it." 

Amen sister, amen. 

We got back just in time to watch the guys prepare for the shrimp boil and to watch the Florida game.




Dan and James were the cooks for the evening and they did an amazing job!




After dinner we watched LSU spank Oregon and I may or may not have made fun of Georgia's new uniforms. While we're on this topic, I would like to say, "Under Armour, have you lost your mind? Maryland's uniforms were a disaster! It looked like three football teams were on the field."

Sorry. Where was I? The weekend...

The weekend was perfect. There is just something so right about being with family, eating massive amounts of food, watching football, and 0% humidity. I just want to breath it all in!

Here we are at the start of another weekend and it still kind of feels like fall.September...I think I love you.

Y'all have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment